Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday 19 July 2008

The business cards arrive


The arrival of my new business cards caused quite a flutter in the house today. 250 cards to distribute – I reckon I’ll have to order some more within weeks.
Am off now to drop them off at people’s houses where I’ve already done a good job – my thinking is that they know me, liked my work and will pass on my details to others looking for joinery work and repairs. Word of mouth is vital in this business.

So let me know what you think – I’ll be improving them before I order the next batch so why not leave a comment here or drop me an email –
dpajoinery@live.co.uk if you have any suggestions.

Who would have thought some small pieces of card could cause so much excitement?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting mate from across the pond. Nice card. Effective graphic.

Two possible improvements include the addition of your website address so potential clients can learn more about you; and some indication of the region in which you work. Right now it looks like you might do work throughout the UK. Though there might be some truth to that notion I would like to see if you are in Norfolk or Cornwall. Cheers! www.businesscardtobusiness.com

Darren Atkinson said...

Hi Reno

thanks for your words of wisdom - I appreciate it. I was thinking about putting the URL for this blog on the next batch of cards, but am still debating as obviously a link to a professional website would be better. Not sure on that one...

I operate throughout the North East of England - I didn't put that on the cards as generally I give them to people already here in the region; but I may well revise this.

cheers for your comments
Darren

Anonymous said...

Reno is correct, never assume anything, you must always state the obvious to potential customers, on cards and any other form of commuication, paper electronic or in person. (so my Dad always say's to his web clients)

I'm only in my second year as a joiner and I'm lucky to work for a really good small firm in Lincolnshire.

4 weeks ago my dad set-up a website for me to wite about some of the things I'm doing at work and learning at college.

Best of luck in your new venture.

Anonymous said...

Darren -

If I can offer one other thought, it is to give those businesscards to everyone. Do not think too much about whether a person is deserving or whether s/he is a good prospect. You never know who knows who, and don't overlook current friends and clients. If they have a card it is an opportunity for them to share it with someone else. Best of luck.