Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday 21 July 2008

Riding the gloom


It’s all doom and gloom for the housing industry at the minute – reports are everywhere online. The worst prognosis that I have found is from the Financial Times, which predicts the Building industry could axe 60,000.

That’s a lot of jobs.

Setting up a business in these challenging times is a bit scary but I’m keeping upbeat. Everyone I have spoken to thinks going it alone is the best think I could do – the main reason being is that finding a reliable and quality-driven joiner is hard to do. And I’ve secured more than a handful of contracts now. Not quite booming, but certainly not gloom either.

So I’m available – in the North East of England – and reliable, and my strapline if you didn’t already know it is "quality without compromise". Hopefully one day soon I’ll be in a position to employ one of those 60,000.

No comments: