Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday 24 July 2008

Joiner to the rescue!


I had an interesting call-out yesterday. A couple asked me to check their upstairs window, which was loose and a potential security threat.

With a view to checking it out and organising a separate time to undertake the work, I went along to take a look. When I got a close look at it was immediately apparent that this wasn’t just a security threat, but also a health and safety hazard of the most perilous order!

The window was situated above the front door, and basically they were very lucky indeed that the window pane (very thick and sturdy glass) hadn’t shaken loose and fallen to the path below. God forbid if someone had been in its path – it would have been like a scene from the film Omen where the priest gets decapitated.

I knew I couldn’t leave it as is, so I secured it and made sure it would last until they have it replaced.

Any tradesman worth his salt would never leave a site un-secure posing a dangerous, potentially fatal, risk like that.

No comments: