Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Back after four months!


It’s been a while – four months to be precise. So what’s new? It’s been busy lately – I have interest from a few different people looking to take on projects; one kitting out a hairdressing salon, another involves building a garden shed. So it’s certainly varied!

To be honest it’s all been a bit quiet over Christmas – which I fully expected; I mean who in their right mind wants the builders in over the holidays? What has freaked me out (as I’m sure it has everyone) is the constant doom and gloom news about the state of the economy. And the redundancies. And the credit crunch. And the recession. Or is it a depression?...

Well, in my opinion, the more we talk and debate, and scare each other witless, the worse it will get. Confidence is at an all-time low; especially in the business sector. Especially for little guys like me running solo.

This whole recession business bit me a long time ago – on 15 July 2008 to be precise. But I haven’t ground to a halt or curled up in a corner. Nope, I’ve been plugging away and slowly but surely interest is picking up and business is trickling in. It’s not a dead cert yet, but it just shows that business can still thrive.

Times may be changing, but everyone will at some point need a new door, a replacement floor or even nice new decking in the garden – after all it’s nearly spring!


No comments: